HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE LAST?
The procedure can take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours, and a sketch is made beforehand, so you have an idea of what the final result will be like.
The design I do is always according to the measurements of your face and the shape of your eyes, forehead, nose and mouth, so that your expression is harmonious and balanced, keeping your personality.
HOW DO I KNOW THE BEST TECHNIQUE FOR ME?
I will help you decide which procedure is best for you.
We will have to take into consideration your skin type, the actual situation of your eyebrows and your goal with micropigmentation!
Only after a conversation, or preferably an appointment, will I be able to help you with this.
DO YOU USE ANESTHESIA?
The procedure is done without anesthesia, so you may feel some discomfort, but it is very bearable because it is superficial.
However, in case you are extremely sensitive, I can put anesthetic from the second phase of the procedure and you won't feel anything anymore.
But for a better and more beautiful result of your micropigmentation, the ideal is not to apply anesthesia during the procedure.
DO I HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING FOR THE RETOUCHING?
There are two possibilities:
-If after healing (30 days), your eyebrows have pigmented between 90% to 100% , but some small parts have not picked up, which is common to happen because our skin does not behave equally in all its extension, a symbolic fee of $50 requested. The retouching should be done between 30 to 40 days after the first procedure.
-If the eyebrows have pigmented between 90% and 100% but you have decided you want a darker, more striking color or a different shape than previously approved, $200 is charged for the touch-up, which must be done between 30 to 40 days after the first procedure.
IS IT GUARANTEED THAT MY EYEBROWS WILL PICK UP, AND STAY EXACTLY THE COLOR I WANT?
Working with pigment implantation in the skin is not an exact science!
Each person has different skin, including each part of the face has a different texture and density.
Usually the results are very satisfactory!
WHAT DO MY EYEBROWS LOOK LIKE AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
The tattooed area is well pigmented for at least 7 days, mainly from the 3rd day on, which is when the bark starts to form and therefore becomes very dark.
After this period of 7 days, when they start to peel off, they lighten about 50%. At this stage, external healing is taking place and a film is forming between the pigment and the outer layer of your skin that still doesn't let you see the exact color. Between the 10th and 15th day, the internal healing is still happening and this film starts to break down.
Then we start to see the real result. It is important to return in 30 days, when the eyebrows are totally healed inside and outside, and it is important to check if the skin absorbed the pigment well in all the extension of the eyebrows, because in some cases the pigment is not totally collected in the first application, being necessary a retouching. On the return, we check together if you want to keep the resulting color or if you want the eyebrows darker.
One piece of information I always like to pass on is: right after the procedure, your eyebrows will look like they were drawn in a pen. The pigment is bright and has high definition. After the healing process, they will look like they were drawn with a pencil. They will be more opaque (regardless of the technique you choose).
WHEN IS MICROPIGMENTATION OF THE EYEBROWS NOT RECOMMENDED?
The procedure cannot be performed on the following occasions:
- If you have Psoriasis in the eyebrow area. Psoriasis is a scaling that looks like dandruff. The area becomes sensitive and reddish as well. It can happen due to stress, allergies (shampoo, medicine, gluten, nail polish), eating the wrong food, etc. But while this condition is active in the area of the eyebrows or the base of the forehead, and depending on the degree of flaking, this procedure is not recommended. We will need to analyze.
- If you have herpes: and if you are prone, it is necessary to take a herpes pill starting 3 days before the procedure.
- If you have lupus: if the lupus has been controlled for more than 6 months, the procedure can be done with a written authorization from your doctor.
- Sun tanned: It is necessary to wait for the complete peeling of the facial skin before performing the procedure.
- If you are taking medication for high blood pressure, Diabetes, heart or depression- in these cases the procedure can only be performed with written authorization from your doctor
- If you are prone to very strong keloid, the procedure is not recommended. Only with the written authorization of your dermatologist.
- If you are pregnant, only with your doctor's written consent
- For those under 18, in NYC, it is prohibited.
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy, the procedure is not recommended
- If you have had Botox or facial fillers in less than 20 days
- If you are using or have used Roacutan in less than 6 months
- For women, I advise against getting the procedure if you are close to your menstrual period. We are always more sensitive!
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
After the procedure, some very important care is needed for proper healing :
- Avoid washing your face abundantly for 3 days. After this period (3 days), wash your face with water at room temperature, in the sink, with neutral soap, very light movements and dry with light touches using disposable paper towels.
- Avoid very hot baths for 10 days. The steam can soften the micropigmentation peel and this is very bad for the result.
- Do not wash your hair for 3 days after the procedure, unless it is in a salon, so you avoid water falling on your face.
- On the day of the procedure, try to sleep with higher pillows to help blood circulation, this is great to avoid any swelling
- Avoid alcohol, chocolate, pepper, peanuts and seafood for at least 24 hours after the procedure
- Starting on day 3, apply ointment for 10 days (1 time a day if you have oily skin, morning and 2 times a day if you have dry skin, morning and evening), you will receive this product at your procedure. Attention: this product is supposed to be enough for 3 sessions, because it is very little that is applied on the eyebrows, so preserve this product because you will need it for retouching, in case this is done.
- Avoid using make-up, creams, oils, including sunscreen, and especially acids, on or near the eyebrows for 10 days.
- Avoid going to the gym or sauna for at least 10 days (oily skin should be avoided for longer, at least 15 days)
- YOU MUST NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, REMOVE THE PEEL DURING THE HEALING PROCESS. Removing the peel can cause infection, leave scars, and will compromise the pigmentation result. The peel needs to come off naturally.
- The healing process can cause itching, if this happens, take a cotton swab and lightly touch the itchy spot.
- After 15 days you can go back to using sunscreen all over your face, but avoid using it on your eyebrows and avoid sun exposure for 30 days.
An excellent result of healthy healing and beautiful finishing of your micro eyebrows is only possible if we work as a team! I will do all the work with excellence standard for you to have a wonderful pigmentation, but what you will do after the procedure, is what will contribute the most to the best healing and consequently leave it more beautiful and lasting on your skin! After 100% healing (30 days), always hydrate daily with some neutral moisturizer or with the same ointment I indicated, this will keep the shine of your eyebrows for the next years. Follow the care strictly and contact me if you have any questions during the healing process.
WILL I KNOW WHAT THE FORMAT WILL LOOK LIKE BEFORE I PERFORM THE PROCEDURE?
Taking into consideration your biotype, skin type, forehead size, nose, mouth, style, and desire, I make the millimetric measurement of the ideal design for you.
I simulate this perfect design according to your characteristics and we verify together if it is to your liking.
We do several expression tests and only after everything is approved by you, will I perform the procedure.
ARE THE PIGMENTS SAFE?
Pigments are composed of minerals and are biocompatible with the human body!
HOW CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Send an email to email@example.com stating your desire, availability, and phone number.