Eyeline - FAQ
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE LAST?
The procedure may take between 2 and 4 hours, and a sketch is made beforehand, so you have an idea of what the final result will be like. The drawing I do is always in accordance with the size and shape of your eyes, so that your expression is harmonious and balanced, keeping your personality.
It is an extremely delicate procedure and I prefer not to do it if I can't do it calmly, without worrying about the schedule.
Another detail that can make the procedure take a little longer is the resistance that each person has to touching the eyes. Some people are more sensitive to touching their eyes.
DO YOU USE ANESTHESIA?
I use anesthesia from the beginning of the procedure.
DO I HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING FOR THE RETOUCHING?
There are two possibilities
- If after healing (30 days), your eye liner has pigmented between 90% and 100%, but some small parts have not taken, which is common because our skin does not behave equally in all its extension, a symbolic fee of $50 is required. The touch-up should be done between 30 to 40 days after the first procedure.
- If the lips have pigmented 90% to 100% but you have decided you want a different shape than previously approved, you are charged $200 for the touch-up, which must be done 30 to 40 days after the first procedure.
HOW DO MY EYES LOOK AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
The tattooed area may be swollen until the next day. Between the 5th and the 7th day you already notice the creation and peeling of a shell.
After the period of 7 days to 10 days the outline loses the strength of the black. At this stage external healing is taking place and a film is forming between the pigment and the outer layer of your skin that still doesn't let you see the exact color.
Between the 10th and 20th day, the internal healing is still happening and this film starts to break down. Then we start to see the real result.
WHEN IS IT NOT RECOMMENDED TO DO MICROPIGMENTATION ON THE EYES?
The procedure cannot be performed on the following occasions:
- If you have herpes: and if you are prone, you must take a herpes pill starting 3 days before the procedure.
- If you have lupus: If the lupus has been controlled for more than 6 months, the procedure can be done with a written authorization from the doctor.
- Sun tanned: It is necessary to wait for the complete peeling of the facial skin before performing the procedure.
- If you are taking medicine for high blood pressure, Diabetes, heart or depression - in these cases the procedure can only be performed with a written authorization from the doctor
- If you are prone to very strong keloid, we will need to evaluate and get written authorization from your doctor.
- If you are pregnant, only with your doctor's written consent
- For those under 18, in NYC, it is prohibited.
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy, the procedure is not recommended
- If you have had Botox or facial fillers in less than 20 days
- If you are taking or have taken Roacutan within 6 months
- If you have tersol or any eye infection
- For women, I advise against having the procedure if you are pre menstrually.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Some care is extremely important for the good result of your micro-eyes:
- Avoid washing your face abundantly for 3 days. After this period (3 days), wash your face with water at room temperature, in the sink, with neutral soap, very light movements and dry with light touches using disposable paper towels.
- Avoid very hot baths for 10 days. The steam can soften the micropigmentation peel and this is very bad for the result.
- Do not wash your hair for 3 days after the procedure, unless it is in a salon, so you avoid water falling on your face.
- On the day of the procedure, try to sleep with higher pillows to help blood circulation, this is great to avoid further swelling
- Avoid alcohol, chocolate, pepper, peanuts and seafood for at least 24 hours after the procedure
- Starting on day 3, apply ointment for 10 days (1 time a day if you have oily skin, morning and 2 times a day if you have dry skin, morning and evening), you will receive this product at your procedure. Attention: this product is meant to be enough for 3 sessions, as very little is applied to the eyes, so preserve this product as you will need it for retouching, should this be done.
- Avoid using make-up, creams, oils, including sunscreen, and especially acids, on or near the eyes for 10 days.
- Avoid going to the gym or sauna for at least 10 days (oily skin should be avoided for longer, 15 days at least)
- YOU MUST NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, REMOVE THE PEEL DURING THE HEALING PROCESS. Removing the peel can cause infection, leave scars, and compromise the pigmentation result. The peel needs to come off naturally.
- Scarring can cause itching, if this happens, take a cotton swab and lightly touch the itchy spot.
- After 15 days you can go back to using sunscreen all over your face, but avoid using it on your eyes and avoid exposure to the sun for 30 days.
Avoid the beach, sauna, and swimming pool for 30 days, not even to be in the "shade" or with clothes on. The sand is dirty, the sea air is bad, and the excessive heat is bad for the skin. The sauna will make you perspire putting ink out and the pool has chlorine that is a depigmenting poison for the tattoo. Avoid the sun as much as possible, especially during the first 30 days.
An excellent result of healthy healing and beautiful finish of your micro is only possible if we work as a team! I will do all the work with a standard of excellence so that you can have beautiful eye lines! But what you will do after the procedure, is what will contribute to the best healing and consequently leave your micro more beautiful and lasting in your skin!
Follow the care strictly and contact us if you have any questions during the healing process.
WILL I KNOW WHAT SHAPE IT WILL BE BEFORE I PERFORM THE PROCEDURE?
I take a millimeter measurement of the outline design, a simulation, according to your characteristics, and show it to you so that we can check together that it is to your satisfaction.
Only after everything is approved, will I perform the procedure.
ARE THE PIGMENTS SAFE?
Pigments are composed of minerals and are biocompatible with the human body!
HOW CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Send an email to email@example.com stating your desire, availability, and phone number.