Lips - FAQ
DO YOU USE ANESTHESIA?
I use anesthetic starting in the second phase of the procedure, so you may feel a little discomfort at first! But it is extremely bearable, I often don't need to use the anesthetic at any point during the entire procedure If you have very sensitive skin, I apply anesthetic from the second phase of the procedure on. But the less anesthetic we use, the better for the result.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE LAST?
The procedure can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours, and a sketch is made beforehand, so you have an idea of what the final result will be like. The drawing I do is always according to the measurements of your face, eye shape, forehead, nose, so that your upper and lower lips are harmonious and balanced, keeping your personality.
It is a delicate procedure and I prefer not to do it if I can't do it calmly, without worrying about the time. So set aside at least 4 hours of your day only for this procedure.
DO I HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING FOR THE RETOUCHING?
There are two possibilities:
If after healing (30 days), your lips have pigmented between 90% to 100% , but some small parts have not picked up, which is common to happen, because our skin does not behave equally in all its extension, a symbolic fee of $50 requested. The touch-up should be done between 30 to 40 days after the first procedure.
If your lips have pigmented 90% to 100% but you have decided you want a darker, more striking color or a different shape than previously approved, you are charged $200 for the touch-up, which should be performed 30 to 40 days after the first procedure.
IS IT GUARANTEED THAT MY MOUTH WILL TAKE AND STAY EXACTLY THE COLOR I WANT?
Working with pigment implantation in the skin is not an exact science! Each person has different skin, even each part of our mouth can have different textures and densities!
Usually the results are very satisfactory!
WHAT DOES MY MOUTH LOOK LIKE AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
After the procedure the lips may swell!
Something difficult to measure, some people swell while others swell almost nothing.
The micropigmented area gets darker for at least 3 to 4 days, usually after the 4th day the peel starts to form and consecutively the scaling starts and stays around 50% to 60%. In this phase, the external healing is taking place and a film is forming between the pigment and the outer layer of your skin that still doesn't let you see the exact color. Between the 10th and 15th day the color reveals itself a little more. It is important to return in 30 days, when the lips are totally healed inside and outside, so we can check if the skin absorbed well the pigment in all the extension of the lips, because in some cases, the pigment is not totally collected in the first application, being necessary a retouching. On the return, we check together if you want to keep the resulting color or if you want darker lips.
WHEN IS MICROPIGMENTATION NOT RECOMMENDED?
The procedure cannot be performed on the following occasions:
- If you have herpes: and if you are prone, you must take a herpes pill starting 3 days before the procedure.
- If you have lupus: if lupus is controlled for more than 6 months, the procedure can be performed with a written authorization from your doctor.
- Sun tanned: It is necessary to wait for the complete peeling of the facial skin before performing the procedure.
- If you are taking medication for high blood pressure, heart or depression - in these cases the procedure can only be performed with written authorization from your doctor
- If you have a tendency to very strong keloid, we will need to analyze it. Request written authorization from your dermatologist.
- If you are pregnant, only with a doctor's written permission
- For those under 18, in NYC, it is prohibited.
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy, the procedure is not recommended
- If you have had Botox or facial or lip fillers in less than 1 month.
- You are using or have used Roacutan within 6 months.
IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO BEFORE THE PROCEDURE?
Besides taking medicine for herpes in case you are prone to it, two more precautions are needed in sequence, which are extremely important for a good result of your lip micropigmentation.
In the 3 days before the procedure, in the morning and at night, start a light exfoliation and moisturizing of the lips.
Without hurting yourself, remove any peeling skin. The lips need to be smooth for the procedure to take place! But don't force any peel, do everything lightly and in three days everything will come off.
I recommend using a wet towel (get a clean one just for this), exfoliate lightly, and soon after moisturize the lips with Aquaphor in a tube for lips (the original, without sunscreen).
Keep moisturizing during the day, at least 5 times a day for the 3 days before the procedure. This will be excellent for the result of your investment in lip micropigmentation!
IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO BEFORE THE PROCEDURE?
The following are extremely important precautions:
- Avoid washing your face abundantly for 3 days. After this period (3 days), wash the face with water at room temperature, in the sink, with neutral soap, very light movements and dry with light touches using disposable paper towels.
- Avoid very hot baths for 10 days. The steam can soften the micropigmentation peel and this is very bad for the result.
- Do not wash your hair for 3 days after the procedure, unless it is in a salon, so you avoid water falling on your face.
- On the day of the procedure, try to sleep with higher pillows to help blood circulation and prevent the eyebrows from swelling
- Avoid alcohol, chocolate, pepper, peanuts and seafood for up to 24 hours, both before and after the procedure
- Avoid placing hot food near the lips for the next 2 days
- Avoid the beach, sauna and swimming pool for 30 days, not even to be in the "shade" or with clothes on. The sand is dirty, the sea air is bad, and excessive heat is bad for the micro. The sauna will make you sweat, and the pool has chlorine, which is a depigmenting poison. Avoid the sun as much as possible, especially during the first 30 days.
- Apply Aquaphor for lips for 30 days, whenever you need (never leave your lips dry)
- Avoid using make-up, creams, oils, including sunscreen and mainly acids, on or near the lips for 10 days
- Avoid going to the gym or sauna for at least 7 days
- YOU MUST NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, REMOVE THE PEEL DURING THE HEALING PROCESS. Removing the peel can cause infections, leave scars and compromise the pigmentation result. The peel needs to come off naturally.
- The healing process can cause itching, if this happens, take a cotton swab and lightly touch the itchy spot.
- After 15 days you can go back to using sunscreen all over your face, but avoid sun exposure for at least 30 days.
An excellent result of healthy healing and beautiful finishing of your micro is only possible if we work as a team! I will do all the work to a standard of excellence for you! But what you will do after the procedure, is what will contribute the most to the best healing and consequently leave your micro more beautiful and lasting in your mouth! After 100% healing (30 days), always hydrate daily, this will keep its shine for years to come.
Follow the care strictly and contact us if you have any questions during the healing process.
WILL I KNOW WHAT THE FORMAT WILL LOOK LIKE BEFORE I PERFORM THE PROCEDURE?
I measure the design millimeter by millimeter, simulate how your lips will look, everything according to your characteristics, and show it to you so we can check together if it is to your liking.
Only after everything is approved, will I perform the procedure.
ARE THE PIGMENTS SAFE?
Pigments are composed of minerals and are biocompatible with the human body!
HOW CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your desire, availability, and phone number.